While all the signs of qi imbalance and energy misalignment are slightly different for everybody, there are some signs that are universal:
- You can’t meditate to save your life. No matter how hard you try to focus on your breath and let your thoughts float by, you just keep getting sucked into thought loops.
- Whenever you try to focus on your work or your hobbies, you just zone out instead. An hour or three will go by and you’ll realise you’ve done absolutely nothing of “value.”
- You’re unusually bitchy. Everybody is a little bitchy at times, but when your energy is out of alignment, you’re extra bitchy. Or “grumpy” if you prefer that terminology.
- Nothing seems to go your way. You are late. The coffee shop is out of oat milk. You dropped a taco. You got stuck behind a slow guy when you’re running late.
- You have a background headache. No matter what you seem to do, you have a low-grade headache in the background that you can’t seem to shake. It’s not a big deal, but it’s there just enough to let you know.
- Everyone is on your shitlist. Even people you love dearly are pissing you the fuck off, and you know it’s not their fault; it’s actually all about you and what’s going on with you right now.
- You’re clumsy and dropping things. Dropping your phone more? Stumbling over your own feet? These are both signs you’re out of alignment. (If you’re thinking, “but I’m always uncoordinated” I would wager your energy has just been out of alignment for a really long time.)
- You can’t seem to wake up fully. I am not talking about spiritual awakening; I mean literal awakening. You can’t seem to wake up without large amounts of caffeine or other stimulants.
- Life just fucking blows. For no good reason, for no real reason you can pinpoint, when someone asks you “how are you?” your first impulse is to respond with “fucking terrible” and you have no real reason why.
If you have one or more of these symptoms, odds are good you’re out of alignment. Perhaps your qi is blocked, or you’re just not vibrating at the proper frequency. Changing your relationship with your qi will do wonders for you.